Amir Shabani, MD
- Professor, department of psychiatry
- Member of directors, Iran National Board of Psychiatry
- Member of the board of directors, Iranian Psychiatric association
- Director, Mood Disorders Research Group, Iran University of Medical Sciences
- Head, Psychiatric ward (men 2), Iran Psychiatric Hospital, Iran University of Medical Sciences
- Founder member, Iranian Psychotherapy Association
- Editorial board member, International Journal of Applied Behavioral Sciences
- Editorial board member, Journal of Advances in Cognitive Science (Persian)
His major research interest is clinical issues of bipolar disorder, especially clinical picture, comorbidity, compliance, quality of life, clinical course, and outcome. He is presently engaged in conducting the study called Bipolar Disorder Patients Follow-up (BDPF) that follows a group of patients with bipolar disorder type I hospitalized in Iran Psychiatric Hospital, Tehran. Additional interests in research include psychometric properties of research instruments, stigma, and suicide. He also currently heads a number of studies as dissertations of resident/s of psychiatry and medical student/s.
He has written a series of academic books in Persian called “Psychiatry through Clinical Cases” including three volumes: 1) Psychiatric Education through Clinical Cases, 2) Psychiatric Emergency through Clinical Cases, and 3) Psychiatric Consultation through Clinical Cases. The co-authors in this series include eight psychiatrists.